Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust has a vision for the future that puts the patient at the heart of everything we do and is guided by the principles and values about which we care deeply.
…about our patients - treating everyone with kindness and respect
…about quality - giving our patients the best possible care
…about safety - keeping our patients as safe as we possibly can
…about the future - building a sustainable organisation that thrives within a strong local health economy
…about serving local people - giving West Sussex residents a comprehensive local service they can rely on
…about improvement - always seeking to make our services better
…about being stronger together - working across the Trust and with others to support patients at every stage of their care
A central part of our planning for this future is becoming an NHS Foundation Trust.
NHS Foundation Trust status will give us greater freedom and opportunity to deliver our vision and strategy by:
- Protecting our independence and making us more accountable to the local people we serve
- Giving us greater financial freedom and more stable funding to invest in services, as well as the freedom to retain and reinvest surpluses and access wider sources of funds
- Using the stronger structures and improved organisational skills gained through the FT application process to become better able to implement our vision and play a more influential role in local health care provision
- Creating a new sense of purpose for our staff and stakeholders, and a new culture of organisational discipline that will better equip us to meet the challenges ahead
Our vision of the future will be led by three key documents:
- Our Integrated Business Plan
- Our Quality Strategy, and
- Our Clinical Strategy
The Integrated Business Plan sets out our vision for the future of the Trust and incorporates the key elements of the Quality and Clinical Strategies through which that vision will be achieved.
The Quality Strategy sets out the principles under which we shall operate as a health care organisation and the values that guide the Clinical Strategy, which in turn sets out how we will deliver and develop services to achieve the objectives of the Integrated Business Plan.
You can learn more about these documents and how they feed in to the Foundation Trust application process by clicking on the links below: