St Richard's Hospital is approximately one mile to the north east of Chichester city centre and is easily accessible from the main A27.
From the A27 eastbound (Southampton/Portsmouth):
From the A27 westbound (Brighton/Worthing):
- At the roundabout with the A259, turn left for Chichester
- Continue to the third roundabout and turn left
- Proceed over a further roundabout and at the next (large) roundabout, take the third exit into Oaklands Way
- Turn left at the next roundabout onto Spitalfield Lane
- Hospital Entrances 1 and 2 are on the left and signposted
- At the large roundabout with the A285, take the second exit to join the A285 for Chichester
- At the next roundabout, take the first exit to remain on
- the A285, Westhampnett Road
- Continue over a mini roundabout and at the next mini roundabout, take the second exit onto Spitalfield Lane
- Hospital Entrances 1 and 2 are on the right and signposted.
There are several car parks for patients and visitors on the St Richard's Hospital site. Get more information on access and charges.
Planning your journey
Several websites and organisations can help you plan your route. Click on the links below to access some of these services:
Information on current and planned roadworks is available from the following organisations:
The country’s motoring organisations also provide updates on current traffic incidents and conditions. These include: