The following guide will help you pack for your hospital stay.
If you are in any doubt about what to bring, you should telephone the contact number on your admission letter and ask for advice. This is especially important if you are attending for day surgery.
We also have a list of things we advise you not to bring:
Important items you will need
- Night-dress or pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers for overnight stays
- Comfortable clothing for day time
- To help us decide on the best course of treatment for you, we will need to know exactly which medicines you have been taking, including herbal medicines and remedies.
- Please remember to bring all your medicines or tablets in with you, as well as a regular prescriptions card completed by your GP and giving details of your medication.
- Soap, face cloth, tooth brush and paste, brush and comb, shampoo, shaving kit or electric razor, hair dryer, tissues
- Spectacles, hearing aid, dentures, walking aids (please label before admission)
A small amount of money
- Only bring what you will need for items such as newspapers and magazines, car parking, telephone cards and taxi fares. DO NOT bring large sums of cash into the hospitals.
- Books, magazines, puzzles, writing paper, envelopes, stamps etc
- And don’t forget your front door key!
Important: Electrical equipment
All electrical equipment will need to be checked by the hospital electrician. On your arrival, please ask the ward staff to arrange this.