If you are aged over 18, you can refer yourself to our physiotherapy service with musculoskeletal problems such as
- muscle and joint pain,
- sports injuries,
- back or neck pain, or
- sprains and strains.
If you prefer, you can still see your GP and be referred to us in the usual way.
If you are under 18, please speak to your GP and they can refer you to us if appropriate.
How to refer yourself to physio
To refer yourself, you can call the Physio Direct service:
- Worthing area: 01903 285298
- Southlands area: 01273 446004
- Littlehampton area: 01903 843630
Or you can print and complete the self-referral form at the foot of this page and post it back to us at one of the addresses listed.
You can also self-refer by email if you prefer – contact us at one of the following addresses, leaving your name, date of birth, telephone number and postcode. You will then be contacted by a physiotherapist to discuss your problem.
- Worthing area: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southlands area: email@example.com
- Littlehampton area: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that email communications with Western Sussex Hospitals are not secure if you are contacting us from outside the Trust’s secure IT environment or from a non-NHS address. The Trust cannot be held responsible for the security of these communications once they have left the Trust. Please contact us via another method if you have concerns.
Outpatient musculoskeletal physiotherapy in the Bognor and Chichester areas is accessed through the Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust.
You can find out more about this service on the community trust’s website.
What happens once you have contacted us
Once we have your details, we will contact you and discuss your problem with you.
At the end of the telephone consultation, we will decide what type of treatment is best for you. This might be:
- Advice on how to manage your problem
- Advice and a home exercise programme sent to you by post or email
- Advice to see your GP if we think the problem is not suitable for physiotherapy
- Or you may be given an appointment for face-to-face treatment in the physiotherapy department that is most convenient for you.
We hope this service will help people access physiotherapy in a more convenient way, so they can get their treatment started at the right time, and get better more quickly.