Trust’s Proud to Care winners
The best nursing care from across Sussex and Surrey was on show at the 2014 Proud to Care awards, and staff from Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust took a starring role.
Trust staff took three awards, and seven runners-up spots at the high-profile awards ceremony, recognising their tremendous work for their patients. They were up against the very best staff from hospitals, community teams, GP practices and care homes from across the two counties.
The Trust’s runners-up were:
- Fernhurst Haematology Unit Nursing Team at St Richard’s (Public Choice Award)
- Acute Oncology Team, Trust-wide (Communication Award)
- Tangmere Ward Team at St Richard’s (Communication Award)
- Janice White, Labour Ward Co-ordinator at St Richard’s (Compassion Award)
- Palliative Care Team, Trust-wide (Compassion Award)
- Kim Cheetham, Matron at Worthing (Competence Award)
- Midwifery Patient Safety Team, Trust-wide (Competence Award)
This was the second Proud to Care award ceremony. Last year’s inaugural event was limited only to staff working in Sussex, but for 2014 that was extended to include Surrey instead.
The keynote speaker at the event, on Friday 28 March, was England’s Chief Nursing Officer Jane Cummings.