The private surgical services and treatments we offer across our hospital sites are wide ranging and include options for both planned and unplanned (emergency) procedures.
Whilst offering general surgical procedures most of our surgeons have a specialist interest, an area in which they have developed particular skill and expertise; these include
- Breast – assessment and investigation for patients with breast symptoms, including surgery to treat breast cancers.
- Hernia – assessment, investigation and surgery for the various types of hernia.
- Colorectal – assessment, investigation and surgery for diseases of the colon, rectum and anal canal, including surgery to treat cancers.
- Upper Gastrointestinal – assessment, investigation and surgery for diseases affecting the liver, oesophagus and stomach. This also covers obesity surgery (see our bariatric treatment options).
Wherever possible our surgeons carry out operations using minimally invasive techniques that offer patients less pain, better outcomes and shorter postoperative recovery time.
St Richards Hospital:
Mr Neil Cripps – Colorectal Surgery
Mr Olubunmi Odofin – Breast Consultant
Mr Guy Harris * – Colorectal Surgery
Miss Angela Skull * -Colorectal Surgery
Mr Bruce Levy * – Colorectal Surgery
Mr Mirza Baig – Colorectal Surgery
Mr Malcolm McFall – Colorectal Surgery
Mr Mazin Sayegh – Upper Gastro Intestinal Surgery
Miss Pauline Whitehouse – Colorectal Surgery
Our Consultants work collaboratively with the Private Healthcare Information Network (PHIN) to provide information about themselves & their practice that will be insightful for patients and the choices they have. Please go to www.phin.org.uk.
PHIN is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that exists to support patient choice and to provide data that helps drive improvement across private healthcare.
* – These consultants specialise in the investigation and treatment of hernias, colorectal procedures and upper gastrointestinal surgery using the most up-to-date and established techniques.
They have their own website, which includes their personal profiles and information for patients: www.sussexsurgical.co.uk.