The cardiac rehab team is made up of physiotherapists and specialist nurses.
Meet the team
Cardiac rehab team members wear a red polo shirt with a white heart-shaped logo on the front so you can easily spot them in the ward or corridor!
Please speak to any member of the team for more information on how we can help.
The Worthing and Southlands team comprises:
- Hayley Fairclough: Service Lead
- Tracey Molina: Team Lead and Physiotherapist
- Kirsty Fletcher: Cardiac Rehab Specialist Nurse
- Annie Ray: Cardiac Rehab Physiotherapist
- Sandra Dooley: Cardiac Rehab Physiotherapist
- Ruth Nicol: Physiotherapy Technical Instructor
- Nicky Bean: Physiotherapy Technical Instructor
- Diana Rogers: Physiotherapy Technical Instructor
- Jackie Bambro: Secretary
The cardiac rehab team is supported by a network of ‘Cardiac Buddies’, who wear a pale blue polo shirt with a red heart logo on.
All the buddies have been diagnosed with a heart condition and have completed the cardiac rehab programme.
They are registered as hospital volunteers and work alongside the NHS team. We also have some carer buddies who can share experiences of what it is like to care for a person with a heart condition.
Buddies have first-hand knowledge of the patient experience, and can offer practical advice and support, but are not able to offer medical advice.
The buddies wear a pale blue polo shirt with a red heart logo on the front, and some are present with us on the wards, at our education sessions and our exercise classes.
But if you wish to contact them outside these times, they do have a helpline (01903) 550084. If you call this number it will go through to an answerphone – please leave a message to indicate what sort of buddy you would like to speak to (e.g. someone who has had a heart attack, or pacemaker) and they will ask the right buddy to call you back.
Contact numbers (Worthing and Southlands)
- Direct dial: 01273 446019 or internal ext 83019
- Fax: 01273 446003
- For wards – to refer inpatients to the team, call ext 84739 or bleep 312