Why Western Sussex – and how to book your birth
We’re very proud of our women- and family-friendly maternity care, and we look forward to welcoming you and your partner when you choose to have your baby here.
The following video will introduce you to the wide range of services and facilities our award-winning maternity units can offer to meet your needs.
Booking your birth
It is important to contact a midwife early in your pregnancy as a lot of the screening tests we can offer you and your baby need to be undertaken before you are 13 weeks pregnant.
You really need to start thinking about being referred at 6-7 weeks pregnant.
Following a positive pregnancy test there are a number of ways to contact a midwife.
You only need to choose one – the midwife will then contact you to arrange a booking appointment.
Through your GP
- Visit your GP and request a referral.
A midwife will then
- contact you to confirm your referral,
- inform your GP that you are pregnant,
- let them know you have booked to have your baby at either St Richard’s or Worthing Hospital, and
- arrange a booking appointment with you, at which you can book your 12-week scan and ask any questions you have about your pregnancy.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of submitting your online or GP referral, please contact us on:
- St Richard’s Ante-Natal Clinic: 01243 788122 ext 32871
- Worthing Ante-Natal Clinic: 01903 205111 ext 84371