Your pregnancy journey
Watch our video tour of the maternity units at St Richard’s and Worthing Hospitals to learn more about the care we can offer you throughout your pregnancy journey.
Our parent education programme is practical, informative, entertaining – and free.
We offer :
- The One-Day Programme – This is a full-day session of four workshops which cover labour, support and coping strategies, active birth and early days with your baby
We also have classes for :
- Baby Matters – A daytime session held at local children and family centres focusing on infant feeding and practical early days skills.
We can also arrange sessions for those expecting twins or triplets and for those for whom English is not your first language. Please ask your midwife or contact us for more information.
Classes are held throughout our area so you can find sessions close to where you live. You can join us in:
All women under our care are eligible to attend any of the classes within the programme with one birthing partner of their choice, but attendance may be most appropriate for first-time parents-to-be.
You will need to book a place for the class you wish to attend:
- Complete our online booking form
- Or call us on 07801 08 84 71 – (Please note this line is open from 8:30 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours, please leave a message).
- Or Text/ phone 07775778163
For more information and full details of class locations, please download our leaflets below:
We also offer local hypnobirthing courses which run each month throughout the year at Worthing and St Richard’s Hospitals.
The hypnobirthing course is a very practical antenatal birth preparation course which aims at explaining how, with the support of an informed birth partner, the labouring woman can use relaxation techniques and breathing methods to help the mind and body work together to achieve a calm birth.
The relaxation techniques used on the course can also be applied to aspects of everyday life to help achieve a calm approach in any challenging situation.
The course consists of four sessions and costs £120 per couple – please see the hypnobirthing page for more information and to find out how to book.
Family Assist is a great new source of information for parents-to-be, their families and friends to help them through pregnancy and beyond, managed by Western Sussex Hospitals and our partners at Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust and West Sussex County Council.
Click on the Family Assist logo to find out more