Western Sussex Eye Care | Southlands is easily accessible by car or public transport.
The new Western Sussex Eye Care | Southlands unit is at Southlands Hospital in Shoreham-by-Sea, seven miles east of Worthing.
Southlands Hospital is on the A270 Upper Shoreham Road and is easy to get to from the A27 and the A259 coast road.
Public car parking is available at the hospital
Coming by bus
You can also get to Southlands by bus. The hospital is served by three local bus companies:
- Stagecoach: No.9 – to and from Worthing and Arundel
- Compass: No.19 – to and from Shoreham Beach
- Brighton & Hove Buses: No.2, 2A and 59 – to and from Steyning, Southwick and Brighton
The No.2 and No.9 buses stop outside the Hammy Lane entrance to the hospital.
The No.19 and No.59 stop on the Upper Shoreham Road just to the east of the main hospital entrance. The No.2 also stops here.
Shoreham-by-Sea railway station is a 20-minute walk away, or five minutes on the No.2 bus, which goes from outside the station.
Finding the unit
If you come into the hospital through the main entrance on Upper Shoreham Road, follow the access road round to the right and you will see the entrance to Western Sussex Eye Care | Southlands on your left.
If you come in through the Hammy Lane entrance, you should:
- Walk straight forward to the end of the corridor
- Turn right through the doors and walk under the awning
- This will lead you to the Eye clinic entrance
If you need to contact us about your outpatient appointment, you can call us on 01273 446067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a query about your surgery date or pre-assessment appointment, please call 01903 205111 ext 84940.
Patient Transport Service
If you are having trouble getting to your appointment you may be entitled to use the hospital transport service provided by South Central Ambulance Service. They provide transport for some people who are unable to use public transport due to their medical condition.
To find out if you may be eligible for the patient transport service, please call 0300 100 0015.
If you are eligible for patient transport, you can make a booking by calling 0300 123 9841.
If you are not eligible, there are also a number of subsidised community car and minibus schemes available that can give you a lift.
A number of these make a small charge for their service. To find out about these, please ask when you book.
Visit https://ctauk.org/find-ct-provider/ to find out what is available near where you live.
Local community transport providers include:
- Sammy Community Transport – 01243 827821
- Arun Coordinated Community Transport – 01903 723584
- Guild Care Worthing – 01903 528600
- Billingshurst Community Transport – 01403 787696
- Crawley Community Transport – 01293 523764
- Community Transport Brighton & Hove – 01273 677559