The Paediatric Chronic Pain Service (PCPS) is a specialist multidisciplinary service for children and young people experiencing chronic musculoskeletal pain problems.
West Sussex Paediatric Chronic Pain Service
It was commissioned to provide a comprehensive local assessment and treatment service.
The PCPS is a multidisciplinary service involving the following people:
- Dr Tim Taylor, Consultant Paediatrician, St Richard’s Hospital
- Dr Jon Rabbs, Consultant Paediatrician, Worthing Hospital
- Ros Foulds, Consultant Psychologist / Service Manager
- Becca Pepper, Physiotherapist
- Rhiannon Joslin, Physiotherapist
- Paula Stiles, Team Secretary
- Children and young people under the age of 18.
- Presenting with chronic musculoskeletal pain (of more than six weeks duration) or at the earliest stage with features of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
- Children resident in West Sussex or registered with a West Sussex GP. Please contact us regarding referrals for out of area children.
Children and their parents/carers are offered an initial assessment in clinic with the whole team.
We offer hour-long appointments to review medical history, medication and investigations, and conduct a thorough physical examination together with an assessment of day-to-day functioning at home and at school, college or work.
A co-ordinated treatment and rehabilitation programme is offered to those children who require focused therapeutic intervention.
Each programme is individualised and is likely to involve a combination of the following, which can be provided in the clinic or at home:
- Education regarding chronic pain
- Psychological therapies and support
- School liaison
To discuss a case or make a referral:
– Telephone us on: 01243 788122 ext 32538
– Email us: Wshnt.firstname.lastname@example.org
– Write to us at:
Paediatric Chronic Pain Service
1st Floor Women & Children’s Block
St Richard’s Hospital
Spitalfield Lane, Chichester
West Sussex PO19 6SE
Paula Stiles, our team secretary, will be able to help you with any query.