Accessible Information Standard
Meeting our patients’ communication needs
As an NHS trust, we have a responsibility under the Accessible Information Standard to offer reasonable adjustments to support people with disabilities or sensory loss to fully understand the information we give to them.
We continue to work to meet the core requirements of the standard for everyone we provide care for: patients, service users, carers and parents.
What we offer
We offer a range of services to help you get the most from your appointment or stay in hospital:
- Interpreting services, including British Sign Language interpreting for appointments.
- Information in a range of formats, including Braille, overseas languages, Easy Read, large print and audio
- Appointment letters in different languages upon request (Christal software)
- SMS text messaging
- Learning Disabilities Liaison Team
- Carers passports
- Knowing Me
- Assisted listening devices
- Recite Me on our website
- My Care Passport (Hospital passport)
If your requirements are not being met, please let us know so we can fix this. Please contact your clinicians in the first instance, or contact a member of the Patient Advisory Liaison Team if you require more support.