Procurement and tendering
The Trust does not maintain a preferred or approved supplier list. We use national contracts or agreements wherever possible, primarily through NHS Supply Chain, the Crown Commercial Service and NHS Commercial Alliance.
Where it is not possible to use a national agreement, we advertise contracts in the public domain via the government portal Contracts Finder.
Tips for tendering
- Don’t be put off by the tender documentation – always ask for help. It is part of our job to assist you.
- Read the documentation thoroughly and understand the requirements. If you have any concerns, email the buyer stated within the tender document for clarification.
- Provide all the information requested or make it clear within your tender return where it has not been possible and the reasons why.
- Work out the most important questions from the evaluation criteria weightings in the tender documents, and take extra care to answer them fully. Responses which are blank or don’t contain detail can’t be scored.
- Do not assume anything is obvious, or ‘goes without saying’. We can only evaluate on what is written down in your answer.
- Make it clear which question your answer refers to. If you provide any supplementary information please refer to this in your answer.
- Focus your answers on the questions. Show how you will fulfil the requirements set out in the tender.
- Be clear on your pricing model and state any assumptions you made when pricing (e.g. availability of resources, timing etc.).
- Check that you have signed everything you should have and complete and return the documents by the date and time given. Late submissions are likely to be rejected.
- Don’t include publicity material in your submission unless you are asked to do so.
- Treat each tender and PQQ as a new requirement and provide information accordingly. Tenders and PQQs will be evaluated on the information received, not on past performance or contracts currently held.
- Register with NHS Commercial Solutions and Contracts Finder as these are the locations for all tenders run by the Trust at present.