Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is managed by a Board of Directors comprising a Chairman, Executive Directors and Non-Executive Directors.
- The Chairman and Non-Executive Directors are appointed by the Trust’s Council of Governors
- The Chief Executive is appointed by the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors
- The other Executive Directors are appointed by the Chairman, Non-Executive Directors and the Chief Executive
The Trust held it AGM on 30th September 2020.
The presentations are available here – AGM – Website Presentations
The two videos that we’re in the presentation can be viewed using the links below
Trust Board meetings
The Trust Board meets regularly throughout the year at both St Richard’s Hospital and Worthing Hospital:
- Meetings at St Richard’s Hospital are held in the Bateman Room in the Chichester Medical Education Centre (ground floor).
- Meetings at Worthing Hospital are held in John Bull Conference Room in the Worthing Health Education Centre (ground floor).
Board meetings begin at 10am.
Members of the public are very welcome to attend and questions of a non-personal nature are taken at the end of the session.
Meeting agendas and associated papers are available to download at the foot of this page. For papers from earlier meetings, please email the Corporate Governance Team on CoSecMeetingsDiary@wsht.nhs.uk
The following reports are presented to the public Trust Board meeting on a quarterly, biannual and annual basis:
- Chief Executive’s Report
- Patient First Metrics Report
- Quality Report
- Performance Report
- Organisational Development and Workforce Report
- Financial Performance Report
- Improvement Initiative Report
- Use of Trust Seal
- Monitor Self Assessment
- Learning From Deaths
- Patient Experience Report
- Nursing Staffing Capacity Report
- Adult Safeguarding Annual Report
- Children’s Safeguarding Annual Report
- Medical Appraisal and Revalidation Annual Report
- Organ Donation Annual Report
- Quality Strategy and Quality Report Update
- Declaration of Interest Process and Fit and Proper Person Update
- Annual Governance Statement
- Annual Clinical Audit Report
- Annual Equality and Diversity Performance Report
- Health and Safety Annual Report
- Trust Constitution – Approval
- Annual Security Report
- Operational Plan
- Emergency Preparedness and Resilience and Response Assurance Documentation
- Volunteer Strategy Update
- Patient Experience Strategy
The Trust’s Annual Report and Annual Accounts are presented to the Board at the Annual General Meeting .
JULY 2020 UPDATE: You’ll know that we hold some of our Board of Director meetings in public. In responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we’ve had to put different arrangements in place – to make sure we were role modelling national government guidance for social distancing.
So instead of everyone being around the Board table, we will be holding our October meeting virtually, members of the public will be able to watch a live feed of the meeting via Microsoft Teams by using the following link WSHFT Public Board link.
Members of the public are asked to submit any questions a minimum of two clear working days in advance of the meeting and can do so by emailing Glen Palethorpe, Company Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forthcoming Trust Board public meeting dates
The Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Board is scheduled to meet on the following forthcoming dates:
|03rd December 2020||10.00 – 1.00||
Please access the meeting using the link above.
|via MS Teams|
|04th February 2021||10.00 – 1.00||
John Bull Conference Room, Health Education Centre
|01st April 2021||10.00 – 1.00||
Bateman Room, Chichester Medical Education Centre
|St Richard’s Hospital|