Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a major employer and a high-quality centre for medical education and training.
Careers and education
We offer excellent opportunities for medical and clinical staff but also for everyone from school leavers to people wanting to retrain or build on experience gained in other occupations.
- We’re recruiting – find out more about what’s available
- Apprenticeships – learn on the job in clinical and non-clinical roles
- Been offered a job? Congratulations – fill out your recruitment forms here
- Joining us as a clinician? Complete the necessary medical HR forms now
- Refer a friend scheme details – for trust staff who help recruit new nurses, midwives and theatre staff
Our doctor training programmes are well taught, strongly supported and highly rated by students and clinicians alike.
Nurses and Midwives
We provide high-quality nurse and midwifery training and education in partnership with the Universities of Brighton and Surrey.
Learning and development
Our Learning and Development Unit provides high-quality education, training and development for healthcare professionals and non-clincial staff from other organisations as well as within the trust.
Learn on the job with an apprenticeship at Western Sussex.
Shadowing placements are available in nursing, medicine, medical imaging, physiotherapy and our hospital laboratories.
We have a range of on-site accommodation available for rent or short stays.
Our Chichester and Worthing libraries are open to all medical staff working in the southern half of West Sussex.