Trauma and Orthopaedics – Shift practice and rota
The normal working hours (standard days) are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
There is a 1:7 weekday and weekend (8am-9pm) on-call rota covering orthopaedics.
There is a 1:14 nights (8pm-9am) on-call covering orthopaedics, general surgery, urology and vascular surgery.
The orthopaedic registrar on call works a 1:8 shift and is non-resident but will be on call to support you. If the registrar is off site at St. Richards or Southlands during the day please feel free to approach the trauma registrar for advice.
Trainees from the KSS rotation will have the opportunity to work with the following specialists.
- Mr Narang: Shoulder surgery
- Mr Shah: Primary and Revision lower limb arthroplasty
- Mr Palmer: Foot and ankle surgery
- Mr Ajis: Foot and ankle surgery
- Miss Kampa: Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Mr Da’Assuncao: Primary and Revision lower limb arthroplasty and soft tissue knee
- Mr Clark: Hand and Wrist surgery
- Mr Ansari: Primary lower limb arthroplasty and soft tissue knee