Council of Governors
Our Council of Governors acts as a link between Western Sussex Hospitals’ members and its Trust Board. It promotes active membership, represents local views and stands as a ‘critical friend’ to the trust. It also appoints – and decides the remuneration of – the Trust’s Chair and the Non- Executive Directors, and approves the appointment of the Chief Executive.
To contact the Governors, please email email@example.com
Our governors are typically involved in many areas beyond their statutory duties, such as:
- Holding constituency meetings to communicate with members
- Representing the views of members to the Trust Board
- Developing and reviewing the membership strategy to ensure representation and engagement levels are maintained and increased as appropriate
- Working with hospital volunteers
- Giving talks to interested stakeholders
The Trust’s first public and staff governors were elected by its membership in September 2012.
Council of Governors Meetings
Trust members and the public are welcome to attend our regular Council of Governors meetings. Forthcoming dates for these are as follows:
Thursday 3rd October 2019 – John Bull Room, Worthing Health Education Centre, Worthing Hospital – commences at 15:00
Thursday 6th February 2020 – John Bull Room, Worthing Health Education Centre, Worthing Hospital – commences at 14:00
Meeting papers are published one week before the meeting and are available to read or download from the Related Documents section below.