There are currently 24 members of the Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Council of Governors.
Meet our Governors
The majority are elected by our membership, with the remainder appointed by our partner organisations. Click on a governor’s name to find out more about them and how you can get in touch.
The results of the election for the council of Governors to Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation trust can be below.
- Adur: John Todd Associate Governor
- Arun: Jill Long, Anita Mackenzie, John Thompson (Deputy Lead Governor), Vacant
- Chichester: Linda Tomsett Alan Sutton, Les Willcox
- Horsham: Penny Richardson
- Worthing: John Bull, Roger Hammond (Lead Governor) Patricia Peal
- Patient: Stuart Fleming, Vacant
- Medical and Dental: Dr Richard Venn
- Nursing and Midwifery: Moira Whitlock
- Scientific, Technical and Professional: Ryan De-Vall
- Additional Clinical Services: Miranda Jose
- Estates and Ancillary: Natalie Matthews
- Administrative and Clerical: Vacant
- Brighton & Sussex Medical School: Professor Sommath Mukhopadhyay
- Chichester District Council: Eileen Lintill
- Friends of WSHFT Hospital: Jane Ramage
- University of Brighton School of Nursing and Midwifery: Professor Kathleen Galvin
- West Sussex County Council: Ashvin Patel
- Worthing Borough Council: Val Turner
Arun Associated Governors
- Lyn Fowler
- Andrew Ratcliffe
Our constitution as a Foundation Trust requires that our 22 elected governors represent one of the 12 constituencies into which our public and staff membership is divided.
The six staff constituencies elect one governor each, while the 16 public governors are elected across our five local council areas, plus a patient constituency for people who live outside these areas but have been a patient at our hospitals at any time since January 2008.
The number of governors elected in each constituency represents the relative size of the population there.
Horsham has fewer governors to reflect the smaller proportion of the district’s population that uses Western Sussex Hospitals due to the availability of other hospitals closer to the town.
Governors are elected for a period of up to three years, in accordance with the WSHFT Constitution.