John Thompson – Deputy Lead Governor
Public Governor and Deputy Lead Governor: Arun District
“I have lived in Middleton-on-Sea for 25 years. My main objectives as a Governor are to:
- Engage with the community to ensure appropriate and good quality hospital provision for the people of Arun and West Sussex
- Contribute towards making the patient experience the best it can be
- Use my skills and experience to ensure best value is obtained from all the hospitals’ activities
- Hold senior managers to account for their decisions through active participation in the work of the Council of Governors, and
- Encourage members of the community to join the Trust.
Most of my career was spent as a Director in the National Audit Office and then as Marketing Director of a local office products company.
I am a Trustee of the Aldingbourne Trust and am just about to finish four years as a Lay Member of the West Sussex Safeguarding Children Board, where I have contact with health professionals and have responsibility for quality and performance of safeguarding across the NHS, local authorities and other agencies.
I am a member of my surgery’s PPG. I believe that these roles have helped me to develop skills and gain experience which will be of value to the Trust and the community.“
To contact John Thompson, please email: email@example.com